Private Online Bass Lessons
Wanna get awesome at bass?
I offer private online bass lessons through Skype that can help you get started if you’re a beginner, or help you progress if you’re been playing a while and are stuck on your own. I’ll help you to become not just a better bass player, but a better musician.
- Be able to jam with your friends, play in a band, and for your enjoyment
- Start playing with the right technique without developing bad habits
- Learn helpful music theory concepts like scales, modes, chords, and reading music
- Play bass in any style including rock, funk, jazz, soul, and more
- Learn slap technique correctly so you can shred without stumbling
- Melt faces with your amazing chops without sacrificing the groove!
- Learn to master elements of music that are crucial to making good music but often go untaught, like tone, articulation, and dynamics
- Have more fun playing bass!
I offer lessons for ALL experience levels from super beginner to super shredder.
You’re never too young or old to start playing bass or continue your studies – however, I only teach students ages 18+ over Skype. And no police/military.
I have extensive technical knowledge of the bass guitar, as well as a thorough grounding in music theory, and a great passion for teaching. Most importantly, I teach bass as integrally as I know how, focusing not just on technique or rhythm, but other elements like tone, articulation, dynamics, and listening.
I understand the role of the bass in many styles – I’ve played jazz, funk, rock, ska, soul, hip hop, fusion, latin styles, orchestral music, gypsy, metal, country blues, and more. I also understand that the bass has many other possibilities beyond its traditional role that we can explore. We can groove like drummers, comp like piano players, and solo like guitar and horn players!
Whether I’m teaching a middle school student or a retired doctor, my primary interest is in my students learning and having FUN! Our lessons will be fun! I love to take as many cues from my students as possible to determine what direction we move in, so I guarantee we’ll only learn stuff that you’re actually interested in.
Interested? Contact me today to schedule an online bass lesson. My rates are:
Half hour bass lesson: $40
Full hour bass lesson: $60
All you have to do to get started is send me an email. You’ll be able to pay securely through Venmo or PayPal once we schedule a time.
I look forward to working together. May the force be with you!